5 Reasons You Should
Own a Cycling Vest
Own a Cycling Vest
Whether you're a year-round commuter, fair-weather fan with an annual event, or a seasoned racer, the humble vest is a key component to any kit.
1. Versatility - Even on the best of days, a ride can start or end cooler than you expect. Coupled with arm warmers, you're essentially wearing a jacket. But if it starts to warm up (or as you do), it can be easily shed. You can keep the warmers on for a bit, too, so rather than pulling off a jacket - which can be a bit of a shock - you can ease into it.
2. Layering - You've heard the benefits of layering for cold weather and better sweat management. The vest meets these needs squarely and for cyclists traveling at higher speeds, it offers the benefits of wind and moisture protection as well.
3. Long Rides - Long training days and events can bring a lot of changes in weather. And over a period of hours, your body's ability to maintain temperature varies based on hydration, nutrition, and exertion over the course. On long rides with varied terrain or unexpected weather, or physical response to conditions, having a vest on hand can make all the difference.
4. Descending! - All work and no play...You've earned the downhill on your ride, and worked up a sweat in doing so. Coming down is fast, fun, and worth it all. But, you're not working as hard as you did coming up and that sweat you've accumulated is going to be chilly if it's left exposed to the wind. Donning a vest at the top - along with warmers and maybe some fingered gloves - make all the difference in the world. We've got some beautiful, high-altitude, and long descents in Colorado. Don't be caught off guard!
5. Packability/Stowability - Another benefit to a vest is its packability. Paired with warmers, the items can be divided among pockets to better carry when not in use, making it easier to justify bringing them along in the first place. No more suffering through the cool start or carrying a bulky jacket later in the day.
The Divide is our most lightweight and easily packable vests, crafted from 100% post-consumer recycled materials. The front and shoulder panels effectively shield against wind chill, while the mesh side and back panels provide optimal breathability and flexibility.
*Available in Custom
Experience the impressive capabilities of the Breckenridge WX-D Vest, offering an impeccable performance fit. Its 3-layer laminate fabric ensures exceptional stretch while boasting unmatched wind and water resistance.
Enhanced breathability is achieved through the use of BreatheLITE fine mesh fabric in the back and side panels. As a bonus, the full-size rear pockets come equipped with triple layer fabric, providing protection from road spray.
*Only Available in Custom
A lifelong commuter and amateur racer in road, CX, and MTB, David Newcomer has experience with just about every aspect of our sport. A former race director of the Bob Cook Memorial Mt. Evans Hill Club, and Executive Director of one of the largest cycling clubs in Colorado, he brings a wide range of experience to share with others.