The Ascent Wind Jersey is the ideal choice for those who need breathable, multi-season protection from anticipated temperature or weather changes, chilly mountain descents and/or windy conditions, and who prefer not to burdened with packing a jacket or vest. Wind-cutting front panels effectively protect from chilling winds but have also been designed to breathe exceptionally well in unison with the mesh back. This means you will be able to wear this jersey in temps ranging from 7-23° C, depending on your base layer/arm warmer combination. We love it for Colorado's High-Alpine landscapes and highly variable temperatures (which can easily swing 20-30 degrees on a ride) and long descents, like coming off the 14,265 foot summit of Mt Evans. The added durable water repellency (DWR) offers outstanding protection from road spray, snow melt or recent rain, making it ideal for shoulder-season use as well. Only 135 grams in a size medium.
FABRIC & CONSTRUCTION
We've used a DWR finished stretch-woven across the front for its exceptional ability to knock down wind penetration while also shedding water from road spray. Fine mesh has been used across the back, underarms and side panel to facilitate maximum breathability.
- Wind-resistant, DWR stretch-woven front panels with Zero-Weight mesh lining
- Fine mesh underarms and back/side panels
- Full-length YKK zipper with longer pull-tab for ease-of-use with gloves
- MARC Ether lightweight compression arm bands
- Mesh-lined collar
- Ultra-soft silicone gripper at waist
- 3 compact rear pockets
- Reflective tabs and taping down both sides of the zipper teeth
- Collar hang loop