June 11, 2013
The USA Pro Challenge has confirmed that Jelly Belly p/b Kenda, along with 15 other professional cycling teams, will participate in the eight-day race from August 19-25, 2013.
“After featuring an impressive lineup of teams and riders for the first two editions of the USA Pro Challenge, the 2013 race will host the most competitive field yet,” said Shawn Hunter, CEO of the Pro Challenge. “Interest from teams continues to grow year after year, making the selection of these 16 even more difficult, but we looked at the stats and listened to the fans, and have put together a field that is going to keep things interesting down to the last minute of racing in Denver.”
Invited teams represent eight countries, and include the top-three ranked teams from the 2012 Tour de France: RadioShack-Leopard, Sky, and BMC Racing. Team Sky is currently the number-one ranked team in the UCI WorldTour standings.
The race comprises eight stages and will will travel nearly 600 miles from Aspen to Denver.
The complete list of teams competing in the 2013 USA Pro Challenge includes:
- BMC Racing Team (USA) @BMCProTeam
- Cannondale Pro Cycling (ITA) @cannondalePro
- RadioShack Leopard Trek (LUX) @RSLT
- Sky Procycling (GBR) @TeamSky
- Team Argos-Shimano (NED) @1t4i
- Team Garmin-Sharp (USA) @Ride_Argyle
- Team Saxo-Tinkoff (DEN) @TeamSaxoTinkoff
UCI Professional Continental Teams
- Champion System Pro Cycling Team (CHN) @TeamChampionSys
- UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling Team (USA) @UHCprocycling
- Team Novo Nordisk (USA) @TeamNovoNordisk
- COLOMBIA (COL) @Col_Coldeportes
UCI Continental Teams
- Bissell Pro Cycling (USA) @BissellCycling
- Bontrager Cycling Team (USA) @BontragerCT
- Optum Presented by Kelly Benefit Strategies (USA) @OPTUMpbKBS
- Jelly Belly p/b Kenda (USA) @JellyBellyTeam
- Jamis-Hagens Berman p/b Sutter Home (USA) @TeamJamisHB
Congratulations to Jelly Belly p/b Kenda!
Pactimo is especially thrilled with the news, having been the team’s custom cycling apparel partner since 2010. The team jersey is derived from the Jelly Belly Candy Company, which has been the sponsor since 1999, making Jelly Belly the longest running domestic cycling sponsor.
About the USA Pro Challenge
Referred to as “America’s Race,” the USA Pro Challenge will take place August 19-25, 2013 and travel through eight host cities from Aspen to Denver. For seven consecutive days, the world’s top athletes race through the majestic Colorado Rockies, reaching higher altitudes than they’ve ever had to endure. After attracting more than 1 million spectators in 2012, making it one of the largest cycling events in U.S. history and the largest spectator event in the history of the state, the USA Pro Challenge is back for 2013. Featuring a challenging, 599-mile course, the third annual race will spotlight the best of the best in professional cycling and some of America’s most beautiful scenery.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .